El Monte CLIENT INFORMATION
El Monte's Handleiding voor het gebruik van een motorhome (klik op de link om het uitgebreide PDF bestand op een nieuwe pagina te lezen)
A. First Night Accommodation
- We strongly recommend that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel.
- Transfers are restricted to hotels mentioned in the ‘Location Maps & Hotel Information’ pages.
- No refunds are given for self-transfer.
- No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
B. Transfers See Transfer and Hotel Information for details
- Complimentary shuttle transfers are available at DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO, and YVR offices.
- Transfers with the PAD option are available at DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC and SFO offices.
PAD Fee applies.
- Transfers to or from rental station may be subject to restrictions or limitations beyond El Monte RV’s control. In such circumstances transfers may be the financial and logistical responsibility of the renter.
- Contact number: Client must call 1-800-367-6507* no later than 9:00 am the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance. Under no circumstances should clientsarrive unannounced.
- Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location (see ‘Location Maps and Hotel Information’ pages). Clients using a cell phone to call El Monte RV’s toll-free number while in NYC, for example, for a pick up the next day in MCO would be connected to the NYC station.
C. Motor Home Takeover and Return Policies
- Takeover time: After 1:00 pm. Subject to vehicle readiness.
o Even though clients may be picked up or arrive earlier on their own (except PAD).
o Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before station’s official closing time.
- Day of departure: No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
- Return time: Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
o A $50+ per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00 am without prior authorization from rental station.
o Clients with an early flight must make prior arrangements with rental station for possible earlier transfer to airport. Clients may have to return by 11:00 am a day prior to obtain the transfer shuttle, or arrange other means of transportation. No refunds for early return.
o Early returns: No refund for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date.
D. Client Requirements
- Renter (contract signer) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification (driver’s license and passport, etc.).
- Additional drivers must be present at pick up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement. There is no charge for additional drivers.
- Authorized drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license and identification, and be listed on the rental agreement. An International Driver’s License is recommended, though not required.
- A major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex (no ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard) with available credit is required for the Security Deposit and all charges paid at the counter. Cash or Travellers Checks are not accepted. The credit card must be issued to the signer or co-signer of the contract.
E. Security Deposit
A $1,000 security deposit is required at the time of departure. We require that the deposit be guaranteed by a major credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount.
No ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard are accepted. The security deposit of $1,000 may be charged on the customer’s credit card on pick up, then refunded upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time. The $1,000 may take up to 8 weeks to be credited back to the customer’s credit card. Currency conversion fees are client’s responsibility. Cash or Travellers Checks are not accepted.
F. Customer Orientation
Clients will receive a full orientation of their motor home, including clients’ maintenance and use responsibility.
Orientation consists of a video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motor home use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-around of motor home with the client by a qualified instructor. Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German. Additionally, clients receive from the rental station a regional campground directory and location map with directions to nearest supermarkets and gas stations.
G. Luggage Storage
- Luggage storage is available on a limited basis at the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO, YVR. No guarantee of luggage storage is made for: ABQ, ATL, BOS, DEN, IAD, MIA, ORD, PHX, SLC & SAN.
- To facilitate the pickup and drop off procedures, we recommend that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are best for storage.
- Luggage storage is at the client’s own risk and is not available for one-way rentals.
- Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttle is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or oversized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel.
Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
I. Lost Items
El Monte RV is not responsible for items left in the motor home after client’s return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.